Thursday 3 May 2012

Time To Take A Big Gulp....


Now this is probably one of the hardest posts that I have ever written...you may have noticed I have been away for a while - this is due to a family bereavement.  Unfortunately my Mum passed away a few weeks ago - Since then I just haven't felt like writing even though I was loving keeping up to the blog before that point!  Over the last couple of weeks though, the creativeness has started to come back a little and lovely comments from good friends saying they missed my blog posts and to keep going with it have spurred me on even more to get cracking again!


I have always loved to write and take photographs, and ever since being little my Mum always wanted me to pursue my creative side - she knew it was what makes me happy - when I was at school she would regularly take my paintings etc. from home into my teacher to show them as she was so proud of them!  Over the last 12 months, she had been pushing me to get back to my photography and writing and this was one of the reasons that I started the blog!  I also told her about a web design course at college that I was thinking about doing and she told me to go for it just before she died.

The day after my Mum passed away was the last enrollment day at the college for the course so I forced myself to go for her as well as myself - I'm so glad I did too as I'm absolutely loving it! I'm sure she will be smiling down at me now for doing it!

As the weeks are going by, more and more fabulous memories of my Mum are starting to pop into my head and just the other day I was slapped right in the face with one of them in the form of the Bolstermoor Farm magazine that arrived in the post.  Whilst flicking through this fantastic little magazine (well done Picture Smiths!), I got to the 'Favourite Tweets' page and saw that one of mine was right at the top - a very poignant one at that!

Bolstermoor Farm Magazine Volume 2
Whilst my Mum was in hospital last month, I took her a piece of her favourite Mille Feuille from Bolstermoor Farm to cheer her up.  Due to the wonderful staff in the coffee shop doing such a good job at boxing it up, it got there in one piece and my Mums face really lit up when I gave it to her - so much so that she instantly cancelled her pudding from that days meal!  I find it amazing that out of all my tweets to Bolstermoor Farm, this was the one that was chosen to go into the magazine and when I saw it the other day it made me really smile - like it was meant to be!

Mmmmm!
Above is a picture of the famous Mille Feuille from Bolstermoor Farm that my Mum enjoyed so much and now that its on my blog I'm sure it will make me smile every time I see it!  Memories are just amazing don't you think?!

So...time to dry my eyes, take a big gulp and get back to it I think - for my Mum as well as me!


No comments:

Post a Comment