Friday 22 June 2012

The Adventures Of Big Gom And Berticusdan Continued...

This week, as you may have already read, there are two people in particular in my life that have been making me giggle due to their adventurous Geocaching nature - Big Gom and Berticusdan (aka Matt from the Gom Squad and Mr Custard).  Seriously, the pair of them are quickly gaining famous sidekick status and their adventures are way better than any that Batman and Robin or Dangermouse and Penfold could ever wish for! 
Big Gom and Berticusdan...sorry, I mean Batman and Robin
Earlier in the week, as you may have read, they had an adventure whilst out on a caching series that resulted in Mr Custards shorts being torn and then patched back together by the two of them (if you haven't read it see the 'Dear Bear Grylls' post). 

The saga now continues as they went out again last night to finish the series and got into what can only be described as a hilariously funny comedy sketch which was explained by Matt from the Gom Squad in his cache log.  The adventure is written in some of the funniest comic writing I have ever seen, in fact I am still chuckling now!  It would only be right that I shared the amazing writing skills of Matt with you - so here is the log as written by him!  Please note before reading:  I will not be held responsible for any falls from chairs or sides splitting from laughing....

Matts Log:

'Right here we go again, the three muggle men were in front of us again. Time for a bit of setting the scene. One man was old, the other was pretty young and the third was ancient (I am talking Mummy old). Once again we had to walk past them. They didn't seem to think it strange that we had just walked past them a minute or so before. Perhaps they didn't notice or maybe they thought we were doing very fast circuits around the area.

Anyway we left them behind and headed off to the left, following the arrow. It soon became apparent where we need to be and as we were planning our entry we heard the now familiar guttural speech of our three new friends. The only thing to do was hide! So we headed in and stood very, very still. Now a couple of things were not ideal in our pursuit of perfect camouflage. Firstly Rob had a very red top on, a shade of red that couldn't possibly be found in nature. Secondly I was holding a very thorny and very sharp bramble, under tension, away from my caching buddy.

I have to admit is was quite exciting as the first old man made his way past us. He was so close I could have reached out and ruffled his hair. Then along came the Tollund Man. He was moving slowly. At this point I left go of the bramble, which flew at amazing speed and embedded itself into Rob. Not a murmur from Rob, but a bit of a laugh may have slipped out from me. The vulture like stare of the muggle swept across the bush, but somehow he didn't see the two idiots hiding inside.

Right two down, where is the younger muggle? What we saw next is an image I can never wipe from my mind. He had a wee. We didn't actually see him doing the deed but we did see him and his little friend as he tucked everything away. Oh my eyes.

Well after all that any normal cache was bound to be a anti-climax. Luckily this is no ordinary cache. Brilliant. SL, TFTC.'

I know for a fact that you will all be falling about laughing now at this genius piece of writing by Matt and the very thought of those two little comics getting up to mischief!  Now you know I like to make you laugh on a Friday (by Fun time Friday posts), however, I do believe on this particular Friday, Matt and Mr C deserve all of the credit completely for this little giggle session!  Bless em!  I think I'm going to enter them in the next comedy awards....Peter Kay ain't got nothing on these two!

...and the winners are....Big Gom and Berticusdan!

No comments:

Post a Comment