Sunday 25 March 2012

Custard Creative! Pooch Painting!

I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday so far!  Today I thought I would share with you some of my creativeness!  A few months ago, I bought an Ipad even though I had had a conversation with Mr C sometime ago saying that they would never take off - today I eat my words as it is now a creative extension to my arm on which I can do many things like blogging, keeping up with social networks, painting, scrapbooking and much, much more!  I have always been a creative person so this little piece of mobile tech now keeps me occupied constantly and allows me to create things wherever I go!

A while ago, I was watching Countryfile one Sunday evening and they had a feature on there about David Hockney and his painting.  To my surprise, just about all of his works that were shown on the programme were done on an Ipad!  They were absolutely amazing and I wasted no time in researching which painting app to buy!  Within minutes of downloading the app I felt really excited about its potential and set to work painting with my finger rather than a brush!

After a few practice paintings of beaches etc. I decided to paint a picture of my cute (but daft) little chocolate lab - Pedro.  I was so pleased with the result that I posted it straight to Facebook (from my Ipad of course!) and the response I received to the picture was amazing!

Pedro - My first pooch painting!

This new technology is astounding in an artists point of view - for instance- if you do something wrong on a picture there is an 'undo' button which you can keep pressing until you get back to a point that the painting was going well and then continue again!  How cool is that!  Very soon after I had posted the picture of Pedro I ended up having a conversation with one of our lovely Geocaching friends who asked if I would paint her dog Flora - I was honoured to be asked and set to straight away!  Many hours of work later here was the result:

Flora - Digging in the sand!

Since then I have painted two more dogs with results equally as good as the first two - please see below:

Coco!

Cooper!
One of the best things about painting on an Ipad is the fact that there is no cleaning up after you have finished!  There are no brushes and paint pots to wash out, but the best thing is that there are no art supplies to buy!  Once you have bought the app, you have a limitless supply of cyber paint in any possible colour that you could ever imagine!

So as you can see, Ipads aren't just for gadget boys (like Mr C) - they can be whatever you want them to be - in my case a gadget that allows me to be creative anywhere!  Previousy I hated everything Apple stood for, however, my view has now changed in favour of creativeness and I can honestly say that I'm now a fully fledged convert!

Should any of you want a Pooch painting doing, please email me!  kimmi.orwin@yahoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment